No Man is an Island
No man is an island, entire of itself
every man is a piece of the continent,
every man is a piece of the continent,
a part of the main if a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were,
as well as if a manor of thy friends or of thine own were
any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind
and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls
it tolls for thee.
John Donne
Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were,
as well as if a manor of thy friends or of thine own were
any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind
and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls
it tolls for thee.
John Donne


Many many times I wanted to be an island and go to the extend of privacy.
This is a part of what I thought, the appreciation of people around.
the time that we spend together, the joy of eating, laughing, feeling depressed, and above all their PRESENCE ...
Cheers
Hanieh

5 Comments:
so what happen to the islands when two person like each other!do they connect their island to each other or simply one left his island and move to herlovers one!
maybe that is how the continats are made !!! :)
cheers
Hanieh
You can be married and still be on your own island. I think each one of us have our own island, where we can visit on our own to be in a solitary mood. Even if you are married, surrounded by tons of friends, you still have your own island.
M
You can be married and still be on your own island. I think each one of us have our own island, where we can visit on our own to be in a solitary mood. Even if you are married, surrounded by tons of friends, you still have your own island.
M
Well I believe we are created to share who we are with other people, although it is useful to spend sometime being alone to get to know urself better. Serenity is a wonderful experience to have and that is when you need to be in the island alone.
Post a Comment
<< Home